Sunday, February 14, 2016

Tasting - Peter Mertes Platinum Riesling



Name: Peter Mertes
Variety: Riesling
Region: Mosel
Country: Germany
Year: 2014
Price: $18 (Sale $9.95)

Winery Review: Light-bodies slightly sweet white wine; medium pale slightly greenish yellow. Inviting fresh white peach aroma and flavors. Easy to drink and not complicated, but what's there is very pleasant, and flavors develop in the glass.

My Review: Having tasted this wine before, I thought I knew what to expect however after really taking the time to go through the "proper" tasting steps I got many more flavors. The light colored wine smelled really fruity - citrus and orange tones mainly. The flavor was super similar to grape juice in which the heat wasn't that noticeable and it was really sweet. This was the best wine I tasted this tasting. This was tasted without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment