Sunday, February 7, 2016

Tasting - Beringer Smooth Red Blend



Name: Beringer Smooth Red Blend
Variety: Blend of Syrah, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Petit Sirah
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: 2012
Price: $15 (Sale $5.95)

Winery Review:
Without a doubt, very smooth and uniquely balanced. Not too dry but not too sweet. Has a foundation of raspberry and blackberry that lingers in the finish. A slight hint at vanilla and some spice when it touches your tongue.

My Review:
This lighter red colored wine smelled faintly of strawberry and mostly earthy to me. From the smell, you also sense that this wine held a fair amount of heat. The taste was earthy with no fruit undertones. The flavor wasn't overly bitter like I am used too as far as red wines go. But after drinking it, I could tell that I had bad breath. (Not tasted with food).

No comments:

Post a Comment