Sunday, January 31, 2016

Tasting - La Lejania Sauvignon Blanc



Name: La Lejania
Variety: Sauvignon Blanc
Region: Central Valley
Country: Chile
Year: 2015
Price: $6.75

Winery Review: Aromas of green apple and citrus are as classic as it gets for Chilean Sauvignon Blanc. This is straight forward but enjoyable, with modest minerality. Flavors of citrus and gooseberry carry over onto a refreshing finish.

My Review: At first glance, this is wine has a very light color, mostly extremely pale golden yellow tones stick out. When you smell the wine, I smelt citrus fruits, lime, apple, and grapefruit undertones. I didn't seem to smell any earthy tones. After tasting the wine, it was very fruity and the flavors of citrus and raspberry seemed to stay on my tongue. There was definitely a grapefruit after taste like I had previously smelled. This wine also had a lot of heat at the beginning which was kind of hard to get past.




No comments:

Post a Comment