Sunday, January 31, 2016

Tasting - Butterfly Kiss Moscato



Name: Butterfly Kiss Moscato
Variety: Moscato (Muscat Blanc)
Region:Central Valley
Country: Chile
Year: 2012
Price: $13 (on sale for $5.95)

Winery Review:
Lovely and bright, our 2012 Moscato dances with aromas of honeydew and apricot, gently kissed by orange blossom, candied pineapple and hint of lime zest. The palate is silky and lush, combining rich stone fruit and fresh melon flavors lifted by a vibrant zing of lemon-lime, which extends across the mouthwatering finish.

My Review: Since I generally love Moscato, I had high hopes for this wine! The color was a light pink/peach color. The smell was a fruity grapefruit and to be honest, it kind of smelled like chap stick to me. Kiwi was also a smell the lingered on your nose. When tasting it, I tasted a sweet, light fruit, but not overwhelmingly fruity. This wine was both extremely sweet and light, and I tasted no heat at the beginning or end of the wine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment