Sunday, April 17, 2016

Tasting - Lost Vineyards Spumante Italiano Moscato



Name: Lost Vineyards
Variety: Spumante Italiano Moscato
Region: Piedmont
Country: Italy
Year: N/A
Price: $6.95

Winery Review:
Pale color. Confected, fruity aromas of yellow apple, honeysuckle, pear tartlet, and honeydew melon with a satiny, shy, spritzy, moderately sweet light-to-medium body and a sleek, fast yellow apple, candied pear, honeycomb and sweet papaya finish with no tannins and no oak. Simple and approachable with sweet apple, melon and candied pear on a framework of gentle, delightful bubbles.

My Review:
Generally I love the sweet wines at the end of these tastings, but this one was pretty disappointing. The smell was off putting to me - kind of like a rotting fruit smell but also kind of like a fruit roll up that has been in its shiny package for a while. There was also an earthy flower aspect to the smell. When tasted, it just tasted exactly like soda to me. If I were to shut my eyes and blindly taste this, I would assume it was just Sprite with a little bit of grenadine. There were not layers in this taste at all. This was tasted without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment