Sunday, March 27, 2016

Tasting - Georges Duboeuf Nouveau



Name: Georges Duboeuf
Variety: Nouveau
Region: Beaujolais
Country: France
Year: 2015
Price: $12 (Sale $5.95)

Winery Review:
Georges Duboeuf is THE king of Beaujolais. His wines are full of pop, charm and great flavor and his Beaujolais Nouveau is no exception. A cornucopia of expressive fruit wrapped in an almost-bubblegum-like frame; it is the flagship Nouveau.

My Review:
This was smelled just like butterscotch candies to me - specifically the ones that come in a gold wrapper! There was no heat on the smell and when I closed my eyes, it had a very velvet smell to it, meaning that it smelled smooth. When tasted, it was sweet at the beginning of the taste but sour on the back pallet. This wine was not really fruity but had a full presence and flavor that I appreciated - which is a lot because I normally favor white wines. This wine was tasted without food.

No comments:

Post a Comment